Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Acts of love

I saw the cutest elderly couple in a parking lot today. The little old man was taking a huge wheelchair out of the trunk of his car, along with the many pieces it came with. He was attaching all four wheels, and the handles. This clearly was not a very modern chair, and he seemed so farmiliar with how it all worked. His cute little wife sat patiently in the passenger seat with her stocking covered feet hanging outside of the car. She seemed to be quite used to the routine as well. Once he was done assembling the wheelchair he slowly walked it over to her and lifted her out of the car and into the chair he had spent about 10 minutes working on. She looked up at him with a smile on her face and with what I could see were no words, but so clearly a "thank you" was given and received. This couple had to have been in their mid-late 80's and probably have been together for close to 60 years! (of course this part of the story I'm just speculating but it sounds reasonable) it touched my heart to see such love and devotion to one another after all those years. It reminded me of my own grandparents and the example of love and commitment they are to me. In my grandmas last years, my grandpa dedicated his life to helping her and making her life easier. For years she supported him as they raised a family and he worked, and when it came time to support her while she struggled with daily tasks he was there without complaint. Such a simple act in the Walmart parking lot, and something that little old couple probably would never think twice about, really touched me and made me want to work harder for those I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I love to write down my feelings and share them with whoever is interested. I love my small, growing family and feel so blessed to have such a loving, supportive husband who is always by my side.

Followers