Friday, May 31, 2013

Whats in my Purse

I've been seeing this tag all over some of my favourite blogs and YouTube channels, and always find it so fun to see whats in other peoples bags. I dont know why thats entertaining but, it seems to get a little more personal with the people you already feel like you know.
So after my friend Liz did a "whats in my purse" post, I thought it would be fun to follow suit and show you whats in MY purse.
I didn't alter my bag at all. Didn't discard anything or add anything. I basically dumped my purse out the way it was at the time and took pictures. So obviously the items can vary, but good thing for me, I had cleaned out my purse this week ;)

So I'll start with the purse itself. I really do believe in buying a few really good investment pieces when it comes to purses, and having them for a long time. Ones that will be versatile, and always in style. Im not someone who has a huge variety of purses, I have a few really good quality ones that I interchange from time to time but I usually cant be bothered so I stick with one for quite a few months.
This bag is fairly new to me. I got it about 2 months ago when I was looking for a good spring/summer bag. I typically carry very classic purses in black leather or tan, but I thought it would be fun to have a bag with a little pop of colour. Im LOVING mint right now (I was on the lookout for either a mint or a blush coloured purse) and found this one at Coach. This is the Legacy Leather Medium Candace Carryall in mint. I love it because of all the compartments and pockets on the inside. I lose my phone constantly, and there is a handy little pocket on the inside that I can slip it right into without having to dig through the seemingly bottomless pit. It has two zippered pockets on the inside and one on the outside. Mint is a super trendy colour right now, so it doesn't exactly fit the description of being "classic" or timeless, but the shape and structure of the bag is, and the leather is to die for. It feels like butter its so smooth. This purse comes with large tassels on one of the handles but I took those off cause they aren't really my thang.









Right now Im not carrying around too many things that I dont use or are unnecessary, because like I said I just cleaned out my purse. So I've got my Victories Secret sparkly clutch that I carry my many many lip glosses in. (more on that in a little bit) and my Kate Spade wallet that Adam bought me for our 3 year anniversary In Scottsdale Arizona. I love this wallet. Its big enough that it holds what I need, but not so big that it allows me to accumulate a bunch of junk and useless receipts.
Then I have some gum, which that Excel isn't my favourite, but I had it kicking around the house so it works, a couple of Annies hair bows, some girly things, a hair tie, and the last of my FAVOURTIE mints from Ruths Chris... mmm they are to die for. Whenever we go, Adam and I grab heaps of these and make a run for it. (my SIL Karinas Austrailian ways are rubbing off on me. I never say "heaps" but I have been catching myself say it more and more lately)
Then I always have a notepad and pen with me, which I always think is such a great idea, but I never actually write anything down in it. It has however come in handy when tenley spontaneously needs to draw a picture when we're out and about.
I ALWAYS have a pair of sunglasses with me. Right now I'm carrying my Dolce and Gabbana pair which aren't my go to glasses, but I cant seem to find my favourite ones right now, so these are my backup. I never used to own good sunglasses and always just bought the $7.00 pairs from forever 21 and had like 10 different pairs at any given time, but my eyes are SUPER sensitive, so I have splurged on a few really good pairs to help protect my eyes. The difference is amazing, and my squint lines in between my eyes thank me.
I like to have with me a few different hand lotions, the ones I have on me right now are just an OPI lotion from christmas that smells like candy canes which I love, and a Korres body butter in Guava. It is A-mazing. love love love that hand cream.
I have a hand sanitizer that is so useful when changing diapers on the go, and an old soother that belongs to Tenley. I guess I carry that for emergencies only, because She doesn't take a soother anymore besides bed time.
I have a few gift cards for Frilly Lilly that need to be used up, but my time for manis and pedis has drastically decreased lately so they will have to wait. A few Diapers and wipes obviously... that wipes packet is empty, so its a good thing I took everything out and noticed that.
Theres a pair of Air Canada head phones in there that I didn't know about, a package of Kleenex from my grandpas funeral given to me by one of my sisters... Elizabeth or Farrah I think.
Several old grocery lists that need to be thrown out, and then theres Tenley and Annies Immunization records.

Heres a little peek into my lip gloss bag... its slightly embarrassing and shows a minor portion of my addiction to lip products. I assure you, this isn't even close to half of the glosses, lip sticks, scrubs, tints and balms that I own. These are just the ones I use on a regular basis.






I really do carry all of those with me, and my collection increases quite regularly. (thanks Amaris)
I've got anything from MAC, to YSL, to Revlon, to Wet n' Wild in there, and I love them all.

So there ya have it! a little look into the things I carry with me on a regular basis. I do carry a diaper bag also, so sometimes I'm switching things between my purse and my diaper bag, but just at this moment, this was what I have in there.

p.s I do carry my Phone with me, but I was using it to take the pictures so thats why its not featured.

I want to see what you carry in your purse!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Saren!! Thanks for joining the fun! I need some of those glosses, feed the addiction!

    I also love that you carry the notepad and pen. My Mom has always done so and I use to and have gotten out of the habit. Maybe I'll be adding a cute one the next time I come across it.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I love to write down my feelings and share them with whoever is interested. I love my small, growing family and feel so blessed to have such a loving, supportive husband who is always by my side.

Followers