Thursday, June 23, 2011

I have a best friend

I have a best friend
Shes a great listener.
Keeps all my secrets (and I tell her all of them)
She thinks im pretty funny, and laughs at ALL my jokes.
Shes always up for going anywhere I want to and usually doesn't complain.
You might not want to cross her when shes tired- she might yell at you, but she means well.
When Im sad, she makes me happy.
Shes constantly making me smile.
She can be a little needy, but all she needs is a little love.

Shes 6 months old, and I adore her.

My best friend and I spend a lot of time together. tons actually. All day everyday its just the two of us.
Sometimes I complain about not getting any time to myself, or I talk about how HARD it is to run a simple errand now.
But today when I was rocking my baby to sleep, all this emotion swept over me and all I could do was cry. Tears of absolute JOY of course. I didn't want to put her down, or ever let her go.
I started thinking about how amazingly blessed I am to have her here with me, all day, everyday. She is now what i live for, and I wouldnt have it any other way. I think of all the deserving mothers who maybe cant have little ones, or the parents who have lost their children to unfortunate events, and my heart breaks for them.
Tenley is my miracle, and I hope to never take her for granted.
So give me all the dirty diapers, the barf on my new shirt, the 3am feeds. Ill take it all. Because I cant live without her.
That infectious smile, those CHUBBY knees, her giant laugh, the way she gently moves her hand across my face, studying it so closely as I feed her. That little tongue that makes an appearance when shes concentrating hard on something, the songs she sings when shes laying in her crib, all by herself, the way she rolls her ankles and moves her feet. I couldn't live without any of it.
So even if HER best friend is a little Giraffe named Sophie, I love my sweet baby, and she will always be my best friend.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Sar, you seriously made me cry! That was the sweetest thing I've ever read! I was actually thinking today when you sent me those two pictures of her, that if you were going to be alone all of the time, at least you were alone with her because she is wonderful and that made me happy :) So when i read this I just started to bawl instantly.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,Saren,that was amazing. The two of you do have a very special relationship. I'm sure she was one of your angel friends.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I love to write down my feelings and share them with whoever is interested. I love my small, growing family and feel so blessed to have such a loving, supportive husband who is always by my side.

Followers